Posts for tag: Teeth Whitening
Many of our patients at Jackson County Dental in Seymour, IN, have been asking us about brightening their teeth lately, and today we thought we would discuss the options available to you to put the sparkle back in your smile!
Over-the-counter products – You’ve probably seen over-the-counter whiteners such as whitening strips on store shelves. While whitening strips may work for some, they do have certain restrictions. For example, they are not nearly as effective when crowns or fillings are involved. Teeth that are stained gray instead of brown or yellow typically don’t respond as well to these types of whiteners. Whitening strips typically save you money but take longer to work and also require discipline on your part to keep them in place for the right amount of time each day.
Whitening at our office – This type of whitening can be done right at our practice. A whitening agent is applied directly to teeth and a special light helps accelerate the whitening process. This may be accomplished in one session or take several appointments. You should expect to spend anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes at each session. If you have a mix of natural teeth and fillings or crowns, your dentist may recommend bonding or veneers on your natural teeth instead of regular bleaching. Teeth whitening at our office can be used to correct many tooth discolorations which may have been caused by staining, aging, or chemical damage to teeth. Using the latest in whitening technology, we can offer a safe method for creating the beautiful smile you've always wanted.
At-home whitening – If you choose this option, the dentist will take a mold of your teeth and create a custom-fit whitening tray. The gel whitening solution is poured into the tray, and the tray is worn for a predetermined amount of time, generally from a couple of hours a day to every day during the night, until you’re back in our office for an evaluation.
Give us a call at our convenient Seymour, IN, office to schedule an appointment! Whiter teeth are just one visit away at Jackson County Dental! Call 812-522-8608.
Teeth whitening from your dentist in Seymour, IN, can give you the smile you deserve.
If you want a whiter, brighter smile, chances are you’ve tried over-the-counter whitening products. They may work for some people, but wouldn’t it be nice if you could have a teeth whitening treatment that lasts? Well, now you can. You need professional teeth whitening!
Dr. Matthew Pierce, Dr. Haley Doose, and Dr. Douglas Gardner of Jackson County Dental in Seymour, IN, offer comprehensive dental care, including professional teeth whitening to give you the smile you deserve.
Professional teeth whitening offers several important advantages you need to know about. Consider that professional teeth whitening is:
- Effective, because you can brighten your smile up to 8 shades. Over-the-counter products offer only the bare minimum when it comes to whitening.
- Long-lasting, because your whitening results can last up to 5 years. Over-the-counter products may only last a few months.
- Safe, because all of the products and methods used in professional teeth whitening are tested and approved by the American Dental Association. Over-the-counter products may contain harsh chemicals and abrasive agents which can make your teeth sensitive.
- Quick, because the in-office whitening treatment takes only about an hour. Over-the-counter treatments can take weeks to see an effect.
At Jackson County Dental, you can choose from two effective professional teeth whitening treatments:
- The in-office treatment, which is the fast way to a bright, beautiful smile. This treatment takes only about an hour to see dramatic results. It’s an excellent choice for your busy schedule.
- The take-home whitening kit, which can be done in the comfort and convenience of your home. This is a great choice if you want to whiten at your own pace.
To discover more about the magic of professional teeth whitening in Seymour, IN, call Dr. Pierce, Dr. Doose, and Dr. Gardner of Jackson County Dental at 812-522-8608. Start working on your bright smile by calling today!
A teeth whitening treatment from your dentist in Seymour, IN, can help you rejuvenate your smile
Are you interested in teeth whitening? Did you know that professional teeth whitening can help change a dull, uninteresting smile into a white, bright smile? In fact, professional teeth whitening can whiten and brighten your smile up to 8 shades whiter!
Dr. Matthew Pierce of Jackson County Dental in Seymour, IN, offers a wide variety of cosmetic dentistry services including professional teeth whitening to rejuvenate your smile.
Many everyday habits can affect the beauty of your smile. When you drink dark liquids, it can stain your teeth. Using tobacco is another cause of a darkened smile. Whether you smoke cigarettes, cigars, pipes, or use smokeless tobacco, they can all contribute to a dull smile.
Normal aging can also affect the brightness of your smile. That’s because as you age, your enamel becomes thinner and more transparent, so the layer underneath the enamel shows through. This layer, known as dentin, is naturally yellow, so your teeth will appear more yellow and dull as you age.
Professional teeth whitening can rejuvenate your smile and make it beautiful again. Professional teeth whitening treatment offers:
- Effective whitening, because you can brighten your smile up to 8 shades
- Long-lasting results, because your whiter smile can last up to 5 years
- Quick treatment, because the in-office treatment requires only an hour of your time
When you choose professional whitening, you can also be sure of safety, because all products and methods have been tested and approved by the American Dental Association.
At Jackson County Dental, you can choose from these great professional whitening options:
- In-office whitening, which is done right in the office and takes only about an hour; this is the perfect choice for you if you are busy and want to whiten and brighten your smile quickly.
- Take-home whitening, which comes in a kit containing everything you need to whiten your smile at home; this is a great choice for you if you want to whiten your smile at your own pace, conveniently at home.
If you have a dull, uninteresting smile, it’s time to brighten it up with professional teeth whitening. To find out more about professional teeth whitening and other cosmetic, restorative, and preventive dental services, call Dr. Matthew Pierce of Jackson County Dental in Seymour, IN, at (812) 522-8608. Call now!
Have coffee, smoking or simple aging changed the color of your teeth? You can say goodbye to dental stains with professional teeth whitening from Seymour, IN dentists, Dr. Matthew Pierce and Dr. Lane Severe at Jackson County Dental. Your healthy teeth can brighten by up to eight shades in just one office visit or in the convenience and privacy or your own home. Learn more details about this amazing cosmetic service.
Those awful stains
Your dental health is good except for how dark and dingy your teeth look. How has this happened? Well, many factors contribute to changes in smile appearance:
- Consumption of darkly pigmented and acidic foods and beverages (blueberries, coffee, sports drinks, and tomato sauce, to name a few)
- Use of smokeless tobacco and cigarettes
- The aging process
- Taking prescription drugs such as some anti-hypertensives and antihistamines
- Poor oral hygiene
In short, what we put into our mouths, dulls and yellows tooth enamel.
The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry says that professional teeth whitening is extremely popular because it dramatically changes smile appearance quickly, comfortably and economically. Also, you and many other adults and older teens qualify for it if, on examination, Dr. Pierce or Dr. Severe find:
- Your teeth and gums are healthy
- You have few restorations such as fillings or crowns
- You are diligent about oral hygiene at home and get routine cleanings and exams at Jackson County Dental
If you do qualify, your dentist will offer you a choice of at-home teeth whitening in Seymour (using custom-made acrylic trays) or an in-office treatment.
What's the secret?
There really is no secret to professional teeth whitening. It's just good science. Whitening offered by your dentist uses concentrated hydrogen peroxide gel. Whether applied by the dental in the office or by you at home, the gel literally lifts staining organic material right out of tooth surfaces. While at-home processes are more gradual, both methods are amazingly effective and give patients a brighter, more youthful look.
Also, it's no secret that professional teeth whitening in Seymour is safe because your dentist knows you and your oral health. The gel is properly applied with no spillage onto sensitive gums or other soft oral tissues. Contrast this method with over the counter strips, rinses and trays which may produce marginal results or irritate the mouth.
Keeping them white
Professionally whitened smiles stay bright with daily flossing and brushing at home and semi-annual in-office cleanings and touch-ups (as needed). Also, you should avoid tobacco and limit staining beverages and foods. Expect your smile to be bright indefinitely!
A new smile
Say goodbye to dental stains with the best teeth whitening treatments in Seymour, IN. Contact the office team at Jackson County Dental today for a cosmetic dentistry consultation. Call (812) 522-8608.
Find out what’s behind professional dentist-supervised whitening and if it’s safe for your smile.
It’s 2016! Now that the ball has dropped and the champagne has been finished it’s time to think about the year ahead. For many this means making some changes to improve their confidence. If you are looking for a way to quickly and easily boost your smile’s appearance than it’s time you turned to our Seymour cosmetic dentists Dr. Matthew Pierce and Dr. Jennifer Terhaar for teeth whitening.
Bleaching and professional whitening can be a safe and effective way to get a brighter smile when used correctly. While it can be more difficult to monitor issues effectively with at-home whitening treatments, your general dentists in Seymour can make sure that you get the whiter smile you want without worrying about gums, lips or other sensitive tissue getting damaged.
If you have teeth sensitivity you may be concerned about whether whitening is the right option for you. Research has found that high concentrations of bleach can increase tooth sensitivity, so if this occurs after your whitening session there are things you can do to reduce this problem (this issue should go away on its own after a couple days):
- Temporarily eliminate hot or cold foods and drinks from your diet
- Use an anti-sensitivity toothpaste that contains potassium nitrate
- Talk to us about whether fluoride rinses could be a great option for remineralizing your teeth
- If you use our at-home whitening system wear your trays for shorter periods of time
If you are dealing with any of these issues you may not be an ideal candidate for whitening:
- Gum disease, cavities or worn teeth
- If you are pregnant or currently breastfeeding
- If you have dental restorations like bridges or crowns (artificial dental structures don’t respond to bleaching)
Want to find out if teeth whitening is right for your smile? Then call Jackson County Dental today and let your dentists in Seymour give you a brand new look for the new year.